The information, which is made available thru the eTrace website, is for official law enforcement use only.
ATF may only disseminate firearm trace related data to a Federal, State, local, tribal, or foreign law enforcement
agency, or a Federal, State, or local prosecutor, solely in connection with and for use in a criminal investigation
or prosecution; or a Federal agency for a national security or intelligence purpose. This provision shall not be
construed to prevent the sharing or exchange of such information among and between Federal, State, local,
or foreign law enforcement agencies, Federal, State, or local prosecutors, and Federal national security,
intelligence, or counterterrorism officials.
If you have difficulty accessing any information in the site due to a disability, please contact us via email (
) and we will do our best to make the information available to you.
This site is best viewed at 800x600 screen resolution or higher using Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher and the Flash Player© plug-in.
: Users may experience compatibility problems when attempting to view PDF files using Internet Explorer browser version 5 and above and Adobe Acrobat Reader. If problems occur, consider the following options: Right-click on PDF link and save to local drive; Use an earlier version of Adobe Acrobat Reader; Use an earlier version of Internet Explorer; use Netscape Navigator browser; or convert PDF to text using
ATF's PDF Conversion Engine
- You are accessing a U.S. Government information system, which includes: (1) this computer, (2) this computer network, (3) all computers connected to this network, and (4) all devices and storage media attached to this network or to a computer on this network. This information system is provided for U.S. Government-authorized use only.
- Unauthorized or improper use of this system may result in disciplinary action, and civil and criminal penalties.
- By using this information system, you understand and consent to the following:
- You have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communications transmitted through or data stored on this information system. At any time, the government may monitor, intercept, search and/or seize data transiting or stored on this information system.
- Any communications transmitted through or data stored on this information system may be disclosed or used for any U.S. Government-authorized purpose.
- For further information see the Department order on Use and Monitoring of Department Computers and Computer Systems. (NIST 800-53)